July 10, 2013

First Post: About "Nothing Has Changed"

Greetings and welcome to my blog.  I'm big_red01027; you can call me Red if you need to address me for any reason and you find the full name cumbersome.  It is rather cumbersome, but since I don't care to use my real name for anything I do on the internet, I needed something original that wouldn't be copied easily.

There might be hundreds or thousands of people using the words "big" and "red" in their handles, but I don't think there are many that do it exactly how I do.

At any rate, let's start at the beginning: the title of this blog.  Simply put, I like the phrase "nothing has changed".  As far as interpretations go, I think it implies a sort of cynicism that comes with a discerning eye.

What can you expect from Nothing Has Changed?  My intention is to produce music reviews (usually, but not entirely limited to metal and its various sub-genres), features about certain sports, and maybe even a movie review or two.  I expect to focus mostly on music and sports.  I will try to keep to a schedule of releasing a review once a week of current albums (i.e. released this year) with reviews of older albums happening as needed.

I also want to keep it loose.  Reviews won't be too long, loaded with adjectives that ultimately say little, or filled with comparisons that can be made by any listener with enough experience to justify them.

My goal with the blog is to become a better writer.  Also, I would like to develop a following, if possible.  To that end, I will accept contributors on an as-needed basis to enliven the blog with their opinions.  For those that might be interested in contributing, simply shoot me an e-mail (big_red01027@live.com) or find me on Twitter @big_red01027.

Re: comments - I will not be moderating comments before posting.  Comments are welcome and will likely be responded to.  Constructive criticism is encouraged, but I will not guarantee that it will be taken; this blog is my forum to write how I want/when I want/about what I want, and I fully expect to use it as such.  But if I didn't want to interact with other people, I wouldn't allow comments in the first place.  So be cordial, at least, and we'll get along just fine.

Thanks for reading and enjoy the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment