November 13, 2014

Bleach 605 - Don't Call My Name

Another Bleach chapter is out, so let's talk about it.

Spoilers after the cut.




I'm going to admit something right now: I have no idea what the hell happened in chapter 605.

Kyouraku and Ukitake meet up in the ruins of the Vandenreich and talk about something called "kamikake".  What is that?  No clue.

What is that shadow extending from Ukitake's back?  Is that "kamikake"?

And what the hell just happened in Reioukyuu between Bach and Hyousube?

Okay, let's start at the beginning.  Although I have no idea what "kamikake" is or how it relates to Ukitake's sudden appearance, or the shadow behind him, I can say two things: one, this is obviously something Kyouraku did, and two, I figured Ukitake would have something to say before the end of the battle. Kyouraku's power has manifested in strange ways.  And Ukitake's appearance at the moment is certainly strange.

Given his general health, I'm not surprised that it took Ukitake this long to reappear.  But will he go up to Reioukyuu with Kyouraku?

I'm assuming that the purpose of Kyouraku going to Central 46 is to obtain permission to go up to Reioukyuu.  I don't know why he would do it, since the Royal Guard now appears capable (despite Auswahlen from the previous chapter) of defeating Bach and his lackeys.  And, really, if the Royal Guard can't beat Bach, I doubt that Kyouraku or Ukitake could do it.

And of course, the question of what Ichigo will do remains.  But chapter 605 does nothing to answer that particular one.