August 27, 2013

How's Your 2013? Plus, What I'm Looking Forward to for the Remainder

Maybe it's just me, but 2013 hasn't seemed like a good year yet.

I know, I'm a little late on this.  Or way early.  Usually, a post like this would be better if it were written around the halfway point, or at the end of the year.  My 2013 has been so filled with disappointment and such that I couldn't help but want to talk about it somewhat.

Of course, this is the kind of thing I've avoided since starting the blog last month.  I doubt people want to hear my bellyaching.  So if anyone else has a story about 2013 so far, positive or negative, let's hear about it in the comment section.

Two things I'm looking forward to: receiving my new PC, and going to Las Vegas for a week in October.  Both of those things should be good for relieving the malaise.

Also, there are a number of bands whose releases I'm anticipating for the next couple of months.  So far, these are just for September and October; I don't have any advance info on albums to be released in November and December just yet.  Either nobody I really like is releasing albums then, or they haven't told someone on the internet that they're doing so.  That's okay, I kinda like those types of surprises.  So here's what I'm looking forward to:

September:
Gorguts - Colored Sands
SubRosa - More Constant Than the Gods
Sarke - Aruagint

October:
Ævangelist - Omen ex Simulacra
Castevet - Obsian
Pelican - Forever Becoming
Corrections House - Last City Zero

With any luck, all of these will be awesome.  If they are, expect reviews of them to occur at some point.  And if not, let's never speak of them again.

I kid, of course.  Mostly.

2 comments:

  1. I've already written a review of Gorguts, and having had the chance to spend some time with it, I dare say it's nearly impossible to be disappointed with it. (It's actually on iTunes and Amazon mp3 already, at least in the U.S. They made it available when it leaked. So if you're itching to hear it, there is a legal and legit copy available.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done and done. Thanks for pointing that out.

      ...it's a bit too much like Dysrhythmia, isn't it?

      Delete