April 9, 2014

Bleach 576 - The Killers High 2

There's a new Bleach chapter out.  So let's talk about it!

Spoilers and body doubles after the cut.


Body doubles are cheap.

Anyway, the big thing about chapter 576 (only 24 to go until 600) is the last page.  Predictably, we're given a cliffhanger.  And oh, what a cliffhanger it is.

Kenpachi has apparently decided that with a meteorite crashing down onto Seireitei that it's a good time to release his zanpakutou for the first time in the entire manga.

Since his "fight" with Unohana (or rather, that one time when the two of them went down to the basement and he murdered her with little visible effort), we've all been wondering about that voice Kenpachi heard.  As it turns out, it's most likely that of "Nozarashi" (Storm Scarred), his sword.

At least, that's the assumption I'm going with.  The side text on the last page would also seem to bear that out.

And this brings me to my main dilemma with Bleach as a whole: the prospect of Kenpachi acquiring (and subsequently using) bankai.

If this happens, I will stop reading the manga.  This is not some fly-by-night thing, either.  I've held this position for a few years now (but since I just started the blog last year, no one really knew about it).

If he merely uses shikai, I'll be fine with it (though I hardly think that's necessary).  But if Kenpachi pulls out bankai, I'm done and that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment