December 18, 2014

Bleach 610 - Mausoleum of Skulls

Another chapter of Bleach for your perusal.  Let's talk about it.

Spoilers after the cut.




Quite the turnaround for Bach.  He was stripped of half his power, his name, and his existence...but thanks to the "final boss" title that has been handed to him, he survived it all and looks to have defeated Hyousube Ichibei.

He proclaims "My name is Yhwach".  And then he strikes Hyousube down.

I suppose 610 is the climax of this part of the ongoing battle.  And now that the Shinigami's leader has been utterly defeated (I don't see Hyousube making a comeback at this point), the door is open for Bach to have a conversation with the Soul King.  If anything more is shown, I'll be pleasantly surprised.  I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but I don't think the Soul King will necessarily "fight" in the same way that we've seen everyone else do so.

Now would also be a good time for Ichigo to show his face again.  At least, if he has any intent to prevent Bach from doing what seems inevitable.

It may not even matter, though.  I don't see a way for Ichigo to get past Bach. None of the rest of his cohorts appear strong enough to do anything about the situation either.

Hell, even if Ukitake and Kyouraku went up to Reioukyuu, I can't see them making much of a difference.

So it's at this point that we may see another separation in POV, wherein Bach ceases to be someone that Ichigo is aiming to fight.  Instead, I think he'll take on Haschwald & Ishida.

Of course, I still think that that's the most logical progression.  And if Bach is truly unbeatable at this point, then Ichigo should take out the other two as he has plenty of reason for fighting them.