June 25, 2014

Bleach 586 - The Headless Star 5

New Bleach chapter, let's talk, you know the drill.

Spoilers after the cut.  And some tasty action too.




Okay.  That was one of the better Bleach chapters in recent memory.  Kubo paid off on the new direction so far and things are looking good.

So why am I annoyed this week?  Well, I can't say I'm annoyed too much, but there's a note at the bottom of the second-to-last page that bugs the shit out of me.  It reads thusly:

"Next chapter, Yhwach's objective becomes clear"!

Yhwach is the translated name for [ユーハバッハ, Yūhabahha], or as I call him, Bach.  Yes, I use an incorrect/misspelled name to refer to the Quincy leader or "His Majesty" as Ishida calls him.

Anyway, Bach's objective is not clear, and it likely won't become that much clearer next chapter for two reasons:

1.) Kubo is not great at explaining things.  See: the Vizard arc.  It asked more questions than it answered.  To say the very least.

2.) I'm assuming that at least half of chapter 587 will be concerned with the battle on the ground in Seireitei between the shinigami B-Team (led by a curiously less arrogant/injured? Byakuya.

The battle really has nothing to do with anything and I doubt that people who aren't fans of those specific characters care.  Or maybe it's just me.  We've all seen those characters fight and we're well aware that their abilities are not on-par with those of the Stern Ritter they're about to go up against.

Hell, the old man who has yet to be named took out Kyouraku's eye.  What the hell is he going to do to these six?  It'll be ugly, I'm guessing.

Logic dictates that a guy who can partially blind the current Captain-Commander can eviscerate weaklings like these six with no effort.  Or little effort.

At any rate, the direction shown in the previous chapters continues, and I can say that I am well-pleased by it.  Orihime and Chad showing up was a nice touch.  It really brought that "old gang" feeling back.  And then Ishida disappeared with Haschwald and Yhwach/Bach/His Majesty/whatever you want to call him.

Wonderful.  Back to the realm of the Soul King, then?

No comments:

Post a Comment