June 27, 2014

How's Your 2014?

After last year's (somewhat) successful post outlining what I was looking forward to in 2013 and talking about what I liked in the first half of the year in metal, I thought I would do the same thing this year.

Then I saw this, from @Metaltxt on Twitter:


Well, my work is done, isn't it?  Since I can't do funnier and most people find seriousness to be an utter bore, I think I'll leave it at that.

Thanks to Metal.txt for the image and the lulz.  There's nothing like the lulz in this case, really.

Also, if you haven't checked them out already (and I'm betting you have), go listen to the new releases from Alraune, Thantifaxath, Yautja, and Diocletian.

And don't forget Incantation either!

At any rate, here's what I'm looking forward to for the rest of 2014 (at least, that I know the release dates for):

Corrosion of Conformity - IX [7/1, delayed from 6/24]

Origin - Omnipresent [7/8]

Wolvhammer - Clawing into Black Sun [7/8]

Mutilation Rites - Harbinger [7/22]

Overkill - White Devil Armory [7/22]

Pallbearer - Foundations of Burden [8/19]

YOB - Clearing the Path to Ascend [9/2]

Cannibal Corpse - A Skeletal Domain [9/16]

Decapitated - Blood Mantra [9/30]

Witch Mountain - Mobile of Angels [9/30]

Occultation - Silence in the Ancestral House [10/14]

If those dates change, I'll try to note them.

Given that the playoffs have been over in the NBA and NHL for a while, I'm thinking that I might get back into music reviews.  Otherwise, until The Bridge starts its second season, I really have nothing else to write about other than Bleach.