November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here and abroad.  Even if you don't celebrate the holiday (and to be honest, I don't really "celebrate" it in any special way other than stuffing my face full of ham, stuffing, and pie), surely you can find something to be thankful for.

And if you can't, well, that's cool too.

What am I thankful for?  Primarily, good health, sports, and metal.

It's been a difficult year, as I've alluded to previously.  But ever since I got back from Vegas, things have been going well.  I look forward to seeing what 2014 brings (though I can't say I'm looking forward to turning 30).

That said, there are still things to do in 2013.  Here at NHC, since I attempt to cover metal (not that well during football season, obviously), that means putting out my Best of 2013 lists for albums and EP's.  This is simultaneously my favorite and least favorite part of the year, as far as music is concerned. It's my favorite because I like highlighting what I think is great music.  It's my least favorite because reading other peoples' lists usually makes me want to yell at them about how wrong they are.  2013 wasn't a good year for metal, especially in comparison to the last couple of years, so I think the great releases are obvious.  But with so much crap to sift through, I guess it's not terribly surprising if some people get ensnared.

That doesn't mean I won't judge, though!  Haha.

Well, it's the holiday season, so I can't be too harsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment