July 16, 2014

Bleach 589 - The Shooting Star Project [The Old and New Trust]

Another week, another Bleach chapter.  Let's talk about this weirdness.

Spoilers after the cut.




Expectedly, chapter 589 ignores the developing sub-plot in the Soul King's realm to focus on what's going on in Seireitei.

Excuse me while I stifle a yawn.

Anyway, the chapter opens with Ichigo and Urahara and their preparations to get a few of the heroes into the Soul King's realm.  Urahara is revealed to be a pervert (big surprise) and Orihime is upset because Ichigo is weirded out by her choice of dress.

So then Yoruichi comes in and smacks both of them, for some reason.

Elsewhere, Ikkaku and Yumichika are fighting Bambi-chan and her handler...whatever her name is.  I don't bother with remembering the names of the Stern Ritter, because like the fight that's going on, they're mostly unnecessary.

I'm more interested in seeing whether or not the Royal Guard are cannon fodder for Bach, Haschwald, and Ishida.

Oh, and 12th Captain Kurotsuchi appears at the end.  Yippie.

Of all the captains I dislike, the two who were/are in the 12th are the ones I dislike most.

So to summarize, chapter 589 is another one that goes nowhere and only serves to annoy me.