May 29, 2014

2014 NBA Playoffs, Day 36

Moving on?  Not just yet.

Game 5: Miami vs. Indiana.

Honestly, this game was ridiculous.

I was thinking about it overnight: I bet there were multiple games in the regular season where LeBron had fewer than five fouls, combined.  And I'm almost certain that the number of games in which he had zero fouls was greater than that in which he had five or more.

Of course, I'd have to check through the box scores from all the games he played in this season to verify that.

So while I'm not saying it happened for sure, I have a sneaking suspicion.

That points to one thing: his performance was an aberration.  The referees were unusually tight on a guy who rarely has his number called.

To say it didn't affect the game would be ludicrous.  He was 2-for-10 from the field and had seven points for the entire game.  Bosh and Wade, along with Rashard Lewis, surprisingly, had to carry the team in LeBron's enforced absence.

Even still, Miami was making runs throughout the fourth quarter, but for whatever reason they couldn't get over the hump.

I'm guessing that reason has something to do with LeBron and not being able to get in the flow of the game.

So now we head back to Miami for Game 6.  It shouldn't have happened, but since it did, I hope Miami crushes the Pacers.

Miami leads 3-2.  Game 6 is Friday.

Later today, Game 5 in San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment