May 8, 2014

2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs, Day 22

Just one game in the NHL last night...so let's get to it!

Pittsburgh vs. NY Rangers, Game 4!

Would I be piling on if I said something about the Rangers' very unfortunate power play situation?

Or the defense/goaltending that allowed four (no empty-netters this time around)?

Or the fact that Crosby has scored one goal in the series and yet the Penguins are up 3-1?

Yeesh.  I don't know where to begin and I honestly don't feel all that educated about any of these things to the degree where I could give an opinion.  At least, not one that's already bloody obvious.  Plus, as usual, I didn't see the game.

Hagelin and Zuccarello scored for the Rangers, so one saving grace from this game is that Fleury didn't get a third consecutive shutout.  That would have been exceptionally bad.

But the Rangers only had 15 shots on net total.  Fleury just happened to let two of those in, and to be honest, I'm not sure if that's good or bad.  If a goaltender is expected to have a save percentage around 92% or better, well, Fleury put up a 86.7.  Better than Lundqvist and his 85.2% last night.

It looks like the Penguins are going to move on, like it or not.  I don't see a Kings-esque comeback in the offing for the Rangers (although being down 3-1 is not nearly as bad as being down 3-0) either.

Pittsburgh leads 3-1.  Game 5 is Friday.

Later today, Game 4 in Montreal and Game 3 in Los Angeles.  With any luck, there'll be better results.

No comments:

Post a Comment